Best Guide you will ever Find in Internet

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Do You Hate Shaking Hands?

Check out the Public Speaker newsletter!
To view this email as a web page, go here.
Money Girl: Tips for a Richer Life
What's New on The Public Speaker?
What to Do If You Don't Like Shaking Hands

I received the following audio question from a reader of my book, Smart Talk: " Do you have advice for people that don’t like to shake hands? " Since this was an anonymous recorded message I wasn’t able to to ask him why he didn't like to shake hands ...Read More

05/10/2016 8:05am
View          
How Rate of Speech Impacts Diplomacy

I recently received the following email:

Hello,

I read the article "how to be more diplomatic" and I found it really informative. In the future I will be sure to keep those points in mind when I communicate in a diplomatic manner. However, I was wondering - how important is one's pace of speaking when being diplomatic? And how can one permanently change the pace of the speaking to such a level? ...Read More

05/06/2016 1:51am
View          
How to Cope with Communication and Hearing Loss

I recently received an email from a woman named Joan, who shared with me her difficulties in communicating due to a hearing disability. She especially has trouble in crowded rooms. In Joan’s experience, people become uncomfortable when she tells them she is hard of hearing and asks them to repeat themselves. She doesn’t want to make people uncomfortable, and so she turned to me for help ...Read More

05/04/2016 9:15am
View          
Find Your Storytelling Style to Engage Your Audience

I previously shared this email from a listener:

I listen to your podcast Quick and Dirty Tips for Public Speaker and I love it!

I want to start a podcast on my own— to tell short stories from a discontinued story book in India. I just do not know where to start! Can you please give some tips on how to tell stories that can keep the audience hooked? ...Read More

04/29/2016 12:35am
View          
EXPLORE THE QDT STORE


Improve your communication skills this back-to-school season with my book, Smart Talk, and my audiobook, The Public Speaker's Guide to Ace Your Interview. Find both in the QDT Store today, and be sure to check out the rest of the titles, gear, and apps from all your favorite hosts. See the full selection by visiting the store now.
GET MORE COMMUNICATION TIPS
Subscribe to the Public Speaker Podcast

Subscribing to the Public Speaker podcast is the easiest way to stay up to date with my weekly audio tips. If you like to listen to podcasts on the go, you can subscribe today on your favorite device with apps such as iTunes Podcasts, Stitcher, and SoundCloud.
SHARE THIS EMAIL

    
This email was sent by: Macmillan 175 Fifth Avenue New York, NY, 10010, USA

We respect your right to privacy - view our policy

Macmillan believes piracy hurts writers, readers and everyone who loves books. Learn more and report suspicious activity here.

To subscribe to this or other email communications from Macmillan, please click here.

Visit our profile center to update your email address and/or other information.

If you no longer wish to receive this email communication, click here to unsubscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.